1998 jeep wrangler

psa

Hi, Everyone I'm new here and I hope you all can help me.
My wife and I just bought our jeep and it needs some work. It has a lift kit in it and a 2 inch body lift. I would like to remove the body lift. When I was looking underneath it the part of the body is rusted pretty bad. my question is does anyone know what it is called. It looks like a peace of chanel steel but not sure what it is called or where I could find a replacement peace. any help would be great.
Thanks
Phil

Could you link a pic? There are many replacement parts even sections of the frame. A pic will get you the best response.

If not a little more description of where, what's next to or attached to it.

Hi, I will post some pics of it. If you look under the driver side door you will see some brackets coming off the frame with rubber mounts that bolts to the body. That part of the body is rusted out on both sides. I hope this helps in till I get some pics put up.
Thanks
Phil

You could go to midwestjeepwillys.com select the year, then you can select suspension parts. This brings up a diagram of the jeep with all the parts called out

Hi, Thank you for the info. I'll check them out.
Thanks
Phil

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Like that ???
Bad enough you might want a new tub. But there are ways to fix like these weld in.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/56011_9064_07.htm

I believe what you are referring to is called "hat channels". Looks like a piece of c channel attached to the underside of the body that the rubber body mount bolts to. You can buy new one,s or cut those out and make your own.

Back