1999 XJ 3" lift - on a budget

kkady

Planning to install a 3" lift on my 1999 Cherokee sport. would like to get some input from the community on getting the best bang for my buck. Don't plan to do any rock climbing but just want something for clearing 31 inch tires and tightening up the front end while maintaining ride quality. Which kit is recommended? Would like to replace control arms to tighten her up... Should I drop transfer case, idler, brake line, and extend sway arm links? Anything I'm missing here?

Much thanks in advance for the input.

this is a good kit for the price IMO, i would stray away from add a leaf set-ups for the long term. but a system like this you can always add full 3", 4" or larger rear springs in conjunction with spacers for the front coils, and an SYE down the road. remember, your never really done with the suspension, tires, etc...:D

3" XJ Suspension System

I lifted our old '98 XJ 3" on a budget. Found XJ 3" front coils from Rusty's Offroad for $99 a pair. Rear lift was 2" lift blocks from JC Whitney, and a pair of MJ shackles which provide an additional 1/2" of lift.

I redrilled the front axle bracket for the trackbar, and made my own 1/2" spacer to lower the transfer case.

Back