2" lift 33x12.5 tires?

mercab18

I have a 97 TJ with a 2" coil spacer lift. Right now it has 31x10.5's on it and I wanted to upgrade to 33's. It's a mostly on-road Jeep but I take it offroading sometimes. Anyone know how good the clearance will be?

Attachments

• 0406081303.jpg
    0406081303.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 39,349

They'll fit fine for onroad use, but you'll likely rub when offroad. Adding a 1" body lift is a common mod when going to 33" tires on a budget boost.

I have a 2" budget boost and run 32's on my '06 TJ, and I only rub when the steering wheel is at full lock. I have to believe that it would be a lot worse with 33's, but you could probably live with it on-road.

When I had my '98 I had a 2" boost on it with 33x12.50's. Done a lot of off-roading, never had a problem with rubbing. Except when it was turned full left or right the tire would rub the control arm. I adjusted the steering stops and fixed that.

I have a 2" body lift on my TJ. 33's fit fine. at full flex the rear tires rub the fender flares, but thats cuz i have yet to replace them with wider flares. if i disconnect the front sway bar, then the front tires rub. If I were you i would add a 1" body lift. that should keep your tires off your flares. but dont let anyone tell u 33s wont fit.

My friend Thomas has a TJ with a 2" budget boost and 33"x12.5" BFG's. He does pretty good even offroad, but I don't know if his rims are backspaced or anything like that. His wheels do go up into his fender wells offroad but I've never heard them rub.

EDIT: Also, he has a Dana 44 in the rear. I don't think that would make any difference but I just thought I'd put it on the table.

I just did a 2 1/2" lift on my TJ and used 32" pro comps rides great on highway and plenty clearance off road. Was thinking of 33" but was told to say with 32" for street. Happy with my choice for both worlds

If you take a hard left and measure the closest place to anything from your tire and add 1" it should tell you roughly where your 33's will be. I like to allow a couple inches for suspension flex but many poeple don't. :twisted: Then repeat for the hard right

If you take a hard left and measure the closest place to anything from your tire and add 1" it should tell you roughly where your 33's will be. I like to allow a couple inches for suspension flex but many poeple don't. :twisted: Then repeat for the hard right

That will only work if he sticks with the same width tire when he goes to the 33's. What's the backspacing/offset on the wheels you'll be using?

I have a 2002 tj X with a 2" budget boost and I only rub if I am off road and hit HARD!!!

Didn't we forget me?? the one that had 35's with a 2 inch body lift? Haha i never any major problems with those either

Back