2003 Wrangler SE Wheels and Rim Size.

jtoelke

All,

I have been given a 2003 Wrangler SE. It's not my first choice, but hey, it's free. I don't love the wheels and rims on it now. Standard white Jeep rims and a tire by the name of Federal MS351 AT (not even sure what size they are) they just look weak. The rest of the Jeep is in unreal shape and only has 22k miles on it. My question is what are the biggest rims and wheels I can put on? This thing will never be off road; as I plan on letting my girlfriend drive it. I do want to make it look as aggresive as possible without going too crazy. I don't mind some wheel rubbing as long as I'm not doing a bunch of damage. I'm obviously not worried about offroad clearance.
Does adding spacers without a lift give me any decent options? Anyway to get an extra inch or two without getting crazy?
I know these are Rookie questions, but thanks in advance for your help.

Adding spacers is a lift. You can easily add 2 inches with spacers and get 15"wheels. Pair it up with 31.5 or 33" Mud terrain or all terrain tires(whatever floats your boat).

Thank You! Do you know about how much i would cost to add the spacers? Will a regular Jeep Delaership do this type of work?

For a 1.5 inch spacer set from quadratech is around $117.99 part# 16190.007 . Combine these with the existing spring isolators to get the 2" lift. Installation? call your local dealer or do a search on this site on how to install the spacers on a TJ. We can walk you through it if you want to do it yourself.

Keep in mind that it's an SE (as in "2.4L 4banger"). It'll do fine with 31's (forget 5th gear), but it'll be working hard to push 33's.

Back