3" body lift or not

sledd

I have a 91 yj and is it hard on the jeep structurally to install this?I'm a newbie to owning a YJ.Thanks...

I my opinion i wouldn't go any higher then an inch. Anything higher increases the chance of a role and is unstable. Plus there will be a unsightly gap between body and frame.

You could probably bank on breaking a body mount bolt at that height also. Like Nick said, 1" would be as high as I went.

yeah i have always thought about a suspension lift, but how much work is required to install one.. i would be doing it in my garage that is just big enough for the jeep.. haha..

It will take the same amount of room as installing a body lift and it isn't that difficult to install. I'm sure if you search you can download installation instructions for a suspension lift to see the difficulty level before you buy.

You could also do a combination of the two. Like some add a leafs and a one inch body. I have a two and a half inch bb and i am going to install a one inch body for a little more clearance. I don't know that much about yj put this should work.

Go up to 2" and you'll be fine. I've never had a problem in over 9 yrs and i beat the crap out of my yj. If you add a swing out tire carrier and a winch up front you can't even see the frame gap.

Back