31" tires too big for 4 banger?

coolmemin

I'm thinking of getting a 1 or 2" budget lift for my stock TJ and putting 31" tires. Are those too big for a 4 cyl with stock gears and I should stick with the 30's?[addsig]

"Welcome" to Your Jeepz home.

What Year? Trim line? is "SHE",.,,

Doesn't matter,, hit SEARCH TO THE LEFT
for Tires TJ Lift. ?

or Trust me. What you see below is
STOCK TJ w/ 31 x 10.5,, no lift for a TJ needed.
Lifting mine to 35s this July. :-D ;-)

4 cyl, ,,, I run a 6. heard say, You may have
no need for Fifth Gear anymore. :-D

My Big Black Billy Goat, Runs the streets
like a Greyhound,,, hope the 4 will too.

Hit Search, Read, and KEEP your QUestions coming.
Good luck, new friend.

edited by: USMPK9, Jun 13, 2003 - 07:41 PM[addsig]

I am running 31x10.5s on my YJ with a 4cyl and have no problems getting up to speed with no engine mods other than removeing the air flow restricter in the filter box. [addsig]

YJ with a 4cyl and have no problems getting up to speed with no engine mods other than removeing the air flow restricter in the filter box. Quote: Osito, Little Bear.. ;-)

How did you increase airflow from your intake box in less than 10 seconds.
Remove Air 'horn' intake, Right?.;-)

I remember learning that here, from who> ? Don't remember...
Why don't you, share that excellent,, FAST, solution to MORE AIR,
MORE POWER>. in a tad more detail for the many who have no idea
what I'm talking about... yet.

Jeep Well Osito. :-D [addsig]

I will let you know in a day or two. hehehehe tug[addsig]

pull the intake tube off from the airbox... pull the cover off the airbox... there is a restrictive cone inside the tube connection on the airbox... get in there with a screwdriver, pliers, and some "lack-of-mercy" and then rip that baby out... some claim a 5-10 hp gain... no, it won't do that... but it WILL free up some airflow and help you out... your throttle response should increase a little, and you may gain back a part of a pony... nothing considerably large, but worth the time, and it's free... so go for it[addsig]

I am running 31's and have no major problems. The only noticable difference (other than having extra clearance) would be driving up steep hills and quick acclerations.
[addsig]

you will have no problems running 31's at all
I know a couple of guys rinning 32's with a 1"
BL and it still does fine.............JUST remember
it isn't a race car....so don't drive it like one... :-O :-D :-O

edited by: jhiggins, Jun 16, 2003 - 12:15 PM[addsig]

Snitty hit the nail on the head with removing the cone. However, I did notice, or maybe only felt what I want ed to notice, more power on the take-off and acceleration. it's free and easy to do, took my all of about 5 minutes.- Chris[addsig]

Back