33x12.5R15

TheMonk

So I'm gonna be doing a Rustys 4.5" on my '89 Cherokee and I was wondering if I could have some opinions on running a 33x12.5R15 on a 15x10 rim. Would you say that's too wide, heavy, etc? Should I just go with a 33x10.5R15 on a 15x8? My main concern would be hitting my LCAs at full lock while turning running the 12.5's. ... Thanks for any info...

I would run the 33x1250x15's on a 15x8 wheel. Just get wheels with the right backspacing so the tires don't hit when turned sharp.

3.75" or 4" should be fine, and I'd run 8" wheels with either the 10.5" or 12.5" wide tire.

You'll need to trim the fenders, or add a little lift, to clear 33" tires.

Cool, thanks! Yea I'm going to be doing a Rusty's 4.5" once I get the money, just trying to learn as much as possible and make some good plans before digging in.

88Wrangles said:
I would run the 33x1250x15's on a 15x8 wheel. Just get wheels with the right backspacing so the tires don't hit when turned sharp.
:agree:

Oh yea, about the 12.5" tires, it's safe to mount them on a 8" rim and still have it as a daily driver? (The numbers just seem a little far apart, haha)

Ya, You'll run them with a little bit less air pressure than compared to the pressure you would run with 10" wheels. But besides that it is safe. It will also help keep from popping a bead when you're aired down off road.

i saw a cherokee with 33's on it this weekend, His fenders were cut but he was running Warn bumpers front and rear, it looked really clean, you could barely tell that they were cut.

i run 32x1150's on stock rims. its fine on the stock rims but no backspacing, sucks. im gunna go 15x8's next, 4" backspacing

Nice, as you can tell from my picture, nothing about my XJ is gonna be clean, haha. I'm definitely looking into some new bumpers (maybe C4x4 or Warn), but that's wayyy down the line. Gotta put it in the air first!

Back