350 swap

Stuart

I had a few questions about a 350 swap.

1. What would be the most economical fuel injected motor to use for this swap?

2. If this swap were performed what would be the best transmission/transfercase combo to use?

3. How hard would it be to modify the wiring and computer to work in a CJ5?

4. What would need to be done in order to use the AC system in the jeep?

5. If a swap to wider axles were to be done as well what would be the best all around choice for axles with this swap, and would I be able to use the axles with my stock motor transmission setup?

Any help or links provided will be greatly appreciated.
image-missing.png

Thanks,

Len[addsig]

1) The Newer the motor the better,but more expensive
image-missing.png

Maybe a 94-98(?)out of a camaro.

2)Trans depends on your choice,auto or manual.They make adapters to fit whatever you want,but personally I would go with a truck NV4500 (5 speed) and a ATLAS ll transfer case(this might be too long for a CJ5)

3)Not hard but time consuming,just easier to buy a Painless Wiring kit.

4)A/C in a jeep!?!To me that is very odd,but to each their own
image-missing.png

5)Dana 44's
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Thanks for the info. But I do have a follow on question....what all vehicles came with the Dana 44. Oh yeah the AC is for these HOT summers in Florida
image-missing.png

Thanks Len[addsig]

The plans I have are for:

98 350 TPI from a Z-28 (with wiring harness and computer)

NV4500 trans

use existing T-case

already have the dana 44 front and dana 60 rear with 4.88's and ABR air lockers.

If you do not have existing A/C, there are afremarket units available. If you do have it, then the hoses and bracketry will have to be custom made, or use the compressor that came on the 350 and just get the lines made for it.[addsig]

International Scouts had dana 44's front and rear,but the last ones were made in what '81,'82?.maybe there is a junkyard near you with one.

the Jeep J10/J20 trucks had them in front,J10 has a 44 rear,J20 has a dana 60 rear.

Jeep Wogoneers and Cherokees had 44's front and rear.

some 1986 CJ7's had them in the rear.......

[addsig]

Back