4.2L (258) straight six 19,000 miles, runs great

jasonvess

Up for sale
a Reman 258 six cyl engine, it is currently in a 1983 cj7. It has only 19,000 miles on it. It runs perfect, and has no known problems or oil leaks. It is currently still in my jeep, but will be pulled out soon. It was bought and put in the jeep 9 years ago and the jeep sees only minimal summer driving a couple thousand miles a year. Motor runs real strong and has lots of power

Engine has
juice box energy ignition system
aluminum valve cover
alternator
starter
comes complete with everything except the new weber high performance carb which is being sold seperate

selling only because i am a 350 chevy fan and i am transplanting one in it's place.

Anyone would be very happy with the motor, come hear it run before i pull it. I live in mid michigan

$500 obo

Email me direct at jasonvess@yahoo.com

I'm looking for a 258 and would possibly take it, but would pay more to ship than for the engine probably. Any idea what it would cost to ship to north AL, zip 35758?

i shipped a dana 300 t-case to washington state from michigan for just under $100, it weighed 106lbs, but i have no idea how much the engine will weigh, maybe 400lbs?

I may have someone that would be able to drive it down to you, i will check with him and get back to you.

my grandfather used to be a truck driver and said he would delliver it to you for $400-$500 in northern alabama. he said it is a 1600 mile round trip, which would be $.25 per mile. He also said it would weigh less than 400lbs probally 300lbs or so.

i am going to try and get some freight estimates just to see

if your seriously interested let me know

the plus side is that you will have a very good motor for under $1000

if the motor weighs 350lbs, fedex freight estimates shipping to be 320 to 450 depending which zip code and which class the engine would fall under.

I am open to any other ideas?

If you lived closer i would bring it for just the cost of gas

The dealership I work at just shipped a 532# motorcycle in a crate from Arkansas to Wisconsin with a truckline(ABF I think) for $235. Way cheaper than Fed-Ex

Tellico

What class (for shipping) would an engine fall under? I haven't been able to fine this info anywhere.

If you do have to ship it, could you post the final weight. I think the long block assembly weighs about 350-360#. I'm really interested in knowing the weight with all of the accessories.

Hey, Snitty

Well, I am not shipping it, I have $100 put down on it to hold it, a guy is coming to pick it up tuesday

Back