4.5 inch lift

jeepn

I've got a 78 CJ7 and I want to put 4.5 suspension lift in it. A buddy of mine suggested going with 4.5 YJ springs from Rubicon, because they are wider springs. I called them and for the kit (springs, shackles, perches, u-bolts, shocks, etc.) it will cost well over $850, and that is before shipping. Is that reasonable or is there something else out there that is just as good, but isn't so expensive. Thanks for the help. Mike[addsig]

I would go with something a little cheaper and add the saveing to the tire account. My jeep will never be worth what it is to me to any one else in the world, so I have come the the thinking, do all you can as cheap as you can and spend the saved money somewhere else.

I have dereamed of a Rubicon Express lift but for the money I am going with the Rough Country Lift Kit. Same as BDR and Hell creek from what I have been told my many. I see them being sold on eBay for 350.00 plus shipping and that includes shocks. Just can't find much wrong with that deal.

I may be sorry in the future but here goes any way! tug[addsig]

tug and others, just keep in mind that shipping for a complete lift kit will be about $150 ---> my rustys kit (front coils, rear springs (complete), 4 shocks, and hardware)[addsig]

This is the lift i was speaking of and shipping looks pretty reasonable too. Look it over and tell me what you all think. Tug

Description Kit Features:
You are bidding on a Rough Country 3" Suspension kit for a 1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ. Kit is factory sealed and "NEW".

$350.00 + $85.00 Shipping (please see shipping terms below)

Click to "Buy It Now" Front/Rear Hydro Shocks w/ Black Shock Boots
Front/Rear Leaf Springs
Front/Rear Track Bar Brackets
Transfer Case Drop Brackets
Drop Pitman Arm (Power Steering Only)
Spring Bushings
U-Bolts
Complete Step-By-Step Installation Instructions

Available Options
Note: All options must be purchased when purchasing this kit
If purchased later, Shipping charges will apply to the additional purchase
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nitro Shocks are available for $25.00
(all 4)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steering Stabilizer w/ Boot Color Choice
$25.00
Black will be shipped if none specified

Pro-Comp Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line Extensions $109.00
Extensions are not REQUIRED per the manufacturer, unless driver plans to do serious
off-roading

Manual Steering Pitman Arm $99.00
If you do not have Power Steering, this pitman arm will need to be added to your purchase

Choice of Shock Boot Color
$12.00 (all 4)
Colors Available: Yellow, Red, Blue, Hot Orange, Hot Green, Lavender, Teal, Grey, Cool Blue, Forrest Green, White (not shown)

[addsig]

I have the 4.5 x duty for a yj and i love. I bought it in stages. One month i got the springs the next was the shackles and pitman arm and so on. It toke awhile but i got the lift i really wanted. The 4.5 is a great lift. That lift i thank is the best money can buy.Good luck[addsig]

Back