4 barrel manifold and 4 barrel carb

Wrangler89

Would I benifit putting on a 4 barrel manifold and carb on my stock 6 cyl. 4.2? I would also add a header. Has anyone done this to there's? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

RE: lift kit for 87 yj

My experience with post-86 258s is limited. I can't even recall what ignition they use, and I have no idea what the factory cam specs are......

but anyway, on a basic 258, a good flowing four barrel intake(Clifford or Offy) and a 390cfm Holley is a favorite mod here for a milder engine. A minimum "stage 1" buildup of a 258, in my opinion, would be a good intake and carb, a header, and a hotter ignition. It works wonders on a 258. Stab a midrange type camshaft in it and shave the head a little and it will really wake up.

Who Makes a Front End?

Wrangler89 said:
Would I benifit putting on a 4 barrel manifold and carb on my stock 6 cyl. 4.2? I would also add a header. Has anyone done this to there's? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I love my 258 and have been running one since 1972 when AMC took over from Kaiser, save for two Jeeps that had V-8s, 304.

For VEX I wanted more umph in everything.

I went with the 4 barrel, 390 Holley with the anti-slosh-off road kit installed and headers and Clifford intake and Clifford exhaust. A very marked improvement in power through the whole range of operation. Very happy with it and have had this setup for the last 13 years.

If you do it, you'll be very happy with the outcome.

Back