4" TJ procomp stage II lift question??

oleblue95yj

I have 2 buddies who have this lift on there tj's.One got his professionally installed at 4wheel parts and the other we did at my garage.Ok the question is this, on the front, the kit gives you (2) bars tie rods i think,and when you install them they rub against the steering stabilizer bolt.Why is this happening??Is it a bad manufacturer problem or a install/should have put something different on instead?We had a trip to Telico this past weekend and the "pro install" rod had worked its self completly out of the socket.This lift has been on for 3 yrs.So looked at the other jeep(installed 3weeks ago and it was hitting and had ruubed paint off the same place.What or how can we fix this problem?

Is it the track bar or the steering linkage that was modified? I don't quite understand what's rubbing the stabilyzer bolt.

its a modified cross-line track bar, thats rubbing the stabilizer nut and washer....can anyone help me out on this matter?

I don't know what a 'cross-line track bar' is. Any chance of taking a pic of the offending part?

Are you sure it's not the tierod, which is part of the steering linkage?

The track bar goes from the pass side of the axle near the spring bucket to a mount on the driver's side frame rail. It's got a bushing on the lower end, and a tierod type end on the frame mount.

I'll gladly help best I can once I determine which part is hitting this bolt and washer.

Back