96 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2wd

tylercabrera

I own a jeep cherokee sport 96 6cylinder 4.0
I was driving down the road and my car started acting up like i hit a switch for it to run bad.
It acted as if it was losing power and about to die but would not die, and then i would have to pull over and put it in park and it idled rough for a little bit then stops. It clears up then i get back at it and it can be fine for a while then all of a sudden act up again. I replaced the fuel filter recently and the air filter...someone said that might solve it but it still continues to do it. I honestly don't have a lot of knowledge on jeeps so I came to Jeepz.com hoping for some answers! Thank you guys - Tyler

Stand near the driver's side fender and locate the wiring harness that runs from the intake manifold rearward towards the transmission bellhousing. With the engine running, manipulate the harness by hand, especially where the connector is, trying to duplicate the issue. This CPS harness often has a short in the connector causing your symptoms.

Thank you for the reply. I actually replaced both 02 sensors and so far that solved the problem. I never had a code but read on other forums but if it happens again I will try out that. Thanks again I do appreciate it!

Back