97 GC front light access !

Scottie

I tried to replace the standard bulbs with uprated ones in the side/parking lights. According to the handbook and recently purchased Haynes manual - you remove the top (Torx) screw which is easy enough - then the bottom screw which is blocked by the front repeaters !.

So I shall remove the repeaters I thought :-| according to both manual and hand book the screws are located - below the side/parking lights :shades:

Do Jeep fit the front lights at the factory and assume that the bulbs will last the life of the car :???: because it appears to be impossible to reach the bulbs !.

HEADLAMP

REMOVAL

1. Grasp lower edge of headlamp lens and pull straight back (away) from grille opening reinforcement (GOR) Disengage lower adjuster pivots from lens assembly.
  2. Grasp upper edge of headlamp lens. Pull straight back (away) from grille opening reinforcement (GOR) Disengage upper adjuster pivot from lens assembly.
  3. Rotate bulb lock ring counterclockwise. and remove ring and bulb from lens.
INSTALLATION

1. Replace by seating the assembly in the lamp housing and turning the lock ring 1/8 turn clockwise to secure.
  2. Align upper adjust pivot into headlamp opening and snap into place.
  3. Snap lower adjuster pivots into place.

I have replaced the headlamp bulbs with White Xeon bulbs and they look a lot better and brighter than the yellow halogen ones 8)

It's the side/parking lights and front indicators that I can't access.
I'm reluctant to remove the headlamps because I will have to reset the beam :(

Back