97xj problems

greengoblin97

ok have a few problems first got a knock cant hear it while standing in front but if you open the drivers door and stand there you can hear it and the oil pressure is acting up when starts got 60psi when warms up got 40 psi when crusing come to a stop got about 14 psi shut it off for about 2 min and restart it got 50 psi and the other day while driveing 70mph on the highway it went from 40psi to 70psi for about a mile the oil pump is only a year old and the motor was rebuilt a year ago and im useing a mecanical guage not the stock sender im at a point where im afraid this moter is going to go the last one thrue a piston so does anyone know what could be going on

ok have a few problems first got a knock cant hear it while standing in front but if you open the drivers door and stand there you can hear it and the oil pressure is acting up when starts got 60psi when warms up got 40 psi when crusing come to a stop got about 14 psi shut it off for about 2 min and restart it got 50 psi and the other day while driveing 70mph on the highway it went from 40psi to 70psi for about a mile the oil pump is only a year old and the motor was rebuilt a year ago and im useing a mecanical guage not the stock sender im at a point where im afraid this moter is going to go the last one thrue a piston so does anyone know what could be going on

i have a 2001 xj it does the same thing with the oil pressure every now and then i dont know what causes it but i drive from oklahoma to st.louis every other weekend and it runs just fine with no problems

are you sure its a knock xjs have a history of the exhaust manifolds to crack causing a knocking kind of sound you could almost mistake it for a valve knock
as for oil pressure that's normal it reads high when started till engine kicks down than sits at around 40psi till you accelerate

I have a WJ with a I6 and I had a problem with my oil pressure showing as 0 til I accelerated try getting lucas oil treatment

The oil pressure will be high until the jeep warms up then it should drop. as for the knocking all engines will knock when they reach a certain mileage. I agree with the Lucas it stopped the knocking for me.

Back