99 Grand Cherokee

pbudzy

I have been a CJ and Cherokee owner most of my life, but I have never owned a Grand. The one I am looking at is a 1999, Is there any normal problems I should be aware of and What should I be making sure is still good when I go to inspect it???

Thanks Guys and Gals for any help.

Some common problems are the brakes warping, that's really the only bad things I've seen out of them, I have the same year model and I bought mine with 113xxx miles and now it has 116xxx miles, I would suggest you replacing the pads, calipers and rotors as soon as you get it.

As with any first year design it will have quirks but overall great ride. By first year design I mean the GC Laredo was redesigned in 99 therefore it will have "quirks". Nothing like the issues the Laredo had in 93-94 tho.

Yeah my first GC was a 2wd 94 with 100xxx but it was my first vehicle and the motor blew then I bought another 94 with 176xxx miles and the electrical stuff was all messed up and the starter was going out and now I have my 4x4 99 and its amazing

I dont know what it is but the 3 grand cherokees my dad, uncle and I have all have the same issuse of the speedometer working when it wants. i dont know if its a transmission issue or what but there all jeeps within the 93-98 ZJ era.

Back