99 grandcherokee 4.7L

tjoseph

Just bought a 99 grand Cherokee limited.. The guy said he had the oil changed, drove it awhile and when he parked it it wouldnt start back.. i checked the oil and its been majorly over filled.. When u try to start it all u get it hard,loud thud.. Pretty sure its locked up.. any advice??

Lower the oil level to the correct level. Pull the spark plugs out and crank engine over, This will expell any oil that may have made it's way on top of the pistons. Carefull though, if there is any oil in there it will blow everywhere with great force. (maybe lay a rag over that side of the engine or something).

Sorry bud it took me so long to update ya.. Im workin untill monday morning... When I get off Im gonna try ur suggestion.. I appreciate ya ol' buddy... Ill let ya know what happens;)

10-4, good luck

Lower the oil level to the correct level. Pull the spark plugs out and crank engine over, This will expell any oil that may have made it's way on top of the pistons. Carefull though, if there is any oil in there it will blow everywhere with great force. (maybe lay a rag over that side of the engine or something).

air compresss..... oil and water do not... i'd go with the above method..

What happened? Still wouldn't roll over with the plugs out? If not that'll take ALOT of tlc, easier to get another engine lol

Back