Air Cleaner/Oil Inside/PCV Saga Part 2

chuckndonna67

'88 4.2 6cyl: On 4/21 I received good suggestions to fix the problem of oil in the air cleaner box from Morgster, Bounty Hunter, Jay 89. I did replace the PCV valve, the hose from the PCV vave to the T-fitting (which goes to the carb and some other unit). I sprayed the heck out of the T-fitting with gumout. I had/have good suction before and after this. I took one advice and installed a small breather filter in place of the hose/fitting that goes from the valve cover to the air cleaner. Now instead of oil going up that line to the air filter box, it sprays out of this mushroom breather filter all over the firewall!!! Bottom line: I still have oil surging up that hole in the valve cover. Any other suggestions? It appears to me that something in the vaccum system is not functioning that is allowing pressure inside the valve cover to push oil out that rear valve cover port. CAB :-x [addsig]

i seem to be having the same promlem. the PCV has good suction and there does'nt seem to be any vac. leaks that i can find and now that i have my webber carb on instead of filling my aircleaner , it's misting the valve cover. i get enough oil on the motor from under the cheapo plastic valvecover i don't need this too!![addsig]

Back