Airhog Vrs. K&N

Dorivin

Ok, now I have heard of Airhogs but I have heard nothing on them.
They are cheaper by 5-10 dollars and claim to do the same thing, except they don't give you a sticker and a million mile warrenty. But who ever goes a million miles?

Now these filters I know you have to clean every so often and I've talked to alot of guys who off road big expensive rigs and they won't use these filters. THey just use cheap little 10 dollar ones. They say K&N's and Airhogs just let in more air and letting in more air lets in more dirt so I just want info before I spend money on one. Is the HP gain noticible?

I didnt notice any difference on my 2.5, or on my new 4.0 when I switched the filter over to the new jeep. But I originally got the K&N because the cheapest I could find a "cheap" paper element filter was 30 or 35 dollars and the K&N was 45 and as you said, reusable.

I put the K&N on my 4.0 I noticed a little more power but not too much, but the throttle response was quite a bit better. When I hit the gas now it's just a little jumpier. A little noisier as well. There's more intake noise, but it's not too big of a deal, and sounds cool when you stomp on it.

I had a K&N on my jeep because Amsoil didn't make a reusable filter any more.
Now I have a Truflow air filter, It is made of foam like the old Amsoil filters use to be and they also use a sticky oil for the filter element that traps smaller particles than the K&N. The foam lets as much If not more air through and it holds up better cleaning after cleaning than gauze.

Last edited:

Is there that much difference in price.
What store were you at?

jp mag done a test on K&N and Air Hog and a few others and K&N won out by huge margin and they;ve always been good to me .. only thing they didnt do good in a full clog air test because of the oil base

i got mine for 27 bucks through work .... if you're curious give me the specs on the jeep with your address and i can have it sent to ya i think

I've always bought K&N, but mostly because I get get them at just about any auto parts store. I'm happy with them.

I only get a noticeable difference in the K&N with fresh oil. The main benefit is that it is reuseable.
I don't believe that the paper filter has more protection than the K&N nor does it let in fewer particles. If you really want to know, then look up the micron rating for the filter. The smaller the micron rating, the better filtration.

Back