Aluminum radiator

jfrabat

Hey, guys, taking the opportunity of all the upgrades I am doing to the Jeep with the Bonus (since I got the approval of the wife, and all!), along with all the other stuff I got (RE 4" standard Lift, PORC SYE Kit and Tom Woods DS), I decided to also replace the radiator, since mine was showing a little rust on the bottom...

So I found this all alluminum, hand soldered bolt on replacement for the Jeep for $197; considering that all the other aluminum radiators cost 3 times as much, I wanted to ask if any of you have any experience with these guys before ordering... I mean, these guys are offering a lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects and only a $10 shipping charge, so it seems like a good deal... The only problem is that it looks too good, I guess. All the other all aluminum radiators I have found online are over $450.

http://www.radiatorexpress.com/prod...w+Replacement+&part_id=218183&aaia_id=1185207

I even called them, and they say they are selling these at this price as an introductory offer, as they only started selling these about a month and a half ago... Again, good for the price, bad from the point of view that it is a new product, but they (according to the guy on the phone) have many years of experience at building radiators, so I just may give it a shot... Also, I got a 4 banger, so its not like I need the top of the line radiator.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the BPX Products silicon radiator hoses that Quadratec sells? I am thinking about getting a set of those; since I am already switching radiators and cooling fans (I will be installing the Ford Taurus dual speed fan as well), might as well go change this at the same time, right?

Felipe

Well, I can look at it two ways. First, if they are as good as they say, you're getting a heckuva deal on an aluminum radiator. If they aren't good and go out of business next month, maybe it'll last at least half as long as a more expensive radiator, and you'll still get your money's worth out of it. If I were in the same boat, I'd probably take a chance on it, too.

Well, they have been around for more than 30 years according to their website, so I guess they cannot be THAT bad! I think I'll take my chances...

Felipe

Well, I went ahead and got the radiator... From what I can see, it seems like a good buy.

All the tank area is hand soldered (as you can see in the pictures below). The core is 1" single tube; not as good as some double tubes out there, but hey, I do have a 2.5L, and a one tube aluminum radiator should be more than enough to keep a 4.0L cooled down... Between the price and the lifetime limited warranty, I think it is hard to beat.

Anyway, take a look at the pictures, and let me know what you think...

DSC02391-1.jpg

DSC02392-1.jpg

DSC02397-1.jpg

DSC02395-1.jpg

DSC02394-1.jpg

DSC02393-1.jpg

I also received today my BRX radiator hoses, and have my Ford fan ready to be installed. Between all the work on the radiator, and the lift kit (which arrives this Friday) and the SYE (arrives on Saturday) and Tom Woods shaft (arrives wednesday), I am gonna be one busy person this weekend!

Felipe

Back