Another post about upgrading my tires

Cherokee_MZ

i have a 95 XJ (no lift yet), but i want to put 30 inch Kumho Mud Terrains on there... the only thing is... do Cherokee's have 15 inch rims stock? Another thing... has anyone tried to fit 30's w/ no lift(by the way, my suspension has absolutely no sag, so it looks slightly lifted for a Cherokee). any help would be appreciated thanx...
and keep on waving

Yes, Cherokees have 15 inch stock rims....If your still not sure I would check your tire size. It should read either 225/70R/15 or 235/75/R15. I have seen people with 30" tires on an unlifted cherokee, but it takes bumps pretty bad, and really fills up the wells. Id recommend a BB for those size tires. I especially wouldnt put 30" mud tires on, because those will really tear up stuff.

Rob

I´ve got a set of Kumho knock off´s (look like the same tire, another manufacturer), they actually measured 29 1/2" at the crown (inflated, off the Jeep) when new. They are 30 X 9:50, actually a little thinner than 235X75 R15. The 235´s Goodyear A/T´s I had, measured 29" at the crown, and rubbed on the control arms a little more than the 30`s (I´ve since used washer spacers behind the steering stops). I´ve got them a couple of times to just touch, the plastic wheel well liner. I´ve got a 89 XJ with old springs.
I wouldn´t want to have the MT´s on there for long highway trips. Would probably heat them up and wear them out pretty quick. I do short trips on the interstate and a lot of tractor trail driving. The tires are a little noisey, but not too bad. The grip in muddy ruts and the bit of axle clearance comes in handy. I do leave a trail of mud, when I hit the streets again. And they do throw some stones.

Yoko Geolander A/T +II, AWESOME TIRES! With Just some coil spacers and shackles an XJ can run 30x9.5s with no rubbing unless the front wheels are turned to lock and the suspension is fully compressed, but even then its not much.

How to program keyless entry transmitter?

Just did this exact thing to my wife's 98 Cherokee (30 inch Kumho MTs)... I went ahead and lifted it 2 inches in the process... Plz, learn from my mistake... If you are going to lift it, DO NOT USE THE CHEAPY LIFT BLOCK WITH THE STOCK WHEELS...

The lift blocks with stock wheels will put your rear sway bars end right into your tires...

The solution for this is: Add-A-Leafs for the rear OR new wheels with different offsets... I opted for the Add-A-Leafs... It was cheaper...

Hey, don't look at me like that... It's the wife's Jeep... I need the extra cash for mine... :twisted:

they do have (most) 15's stock.you can put 30's on it put they might hit and or rub.I am sure you got aggressive tread on them so i know that when they do rub its gonna shake like a mo fo,lol.

Back