Anybody used Pace Setter Headers?

i've got 'em in my 89 yj. i don't care for the design much. they go under the oil pan. you have to loosen/remove them if you need to do work under there. if they went back a little further they'd be fine.
installing them i had to jack up the jeep and put a stout rod under the back corner or the flange and lower the jeep to get the rear bolt to line up.
i also had to cut two extra manifold gaskets up because of the diffrence in flange thickness between the offenhauser intake i got and that of the pacesetter. it could just be that the offy flange is really thick.

maybe someone else has some experience with a stock intake manifold. they seemed strong enough, but i've also never installed headers before that.

there not bad for the money, but a slightly diffrent design would be better.
i did have noticeable increase in power, but the offenhauser intake and a new carb was installed at the same time. so, i'm not sure what the increase from the headers alone would be.

i got the pacesetter header on my jeep i think its a POS its under the oil pan and it rots apart very easy if u actually take your jeep off into the mud. mine lasted a year till it rotted thru

i painted mine with ceramic paint, so i didn't run into that.

i have no idea what the number is. i got it out of 4wheeldrive hardware.

personally i'm going to go with something else when i replace them (they go crushed in an accident).

the intake is for a 4 barrel carb.

save up a bit and get something better. the price diffrence isn't that much considering what you get. for less than $100 more you can get a stainless header and not have to worry about it rotting thru. you'll have to do some searching, but you can find something that will work. try contacting diffrent manufacturers and see if they have something that you can't find in catalogs. might even get a break on the price.

Back