anything dissolve herculiner

kelamb

ok, guys i want to get my seats up, but the dumb fool before be hurculined everything that wasn't bolted down, wait he did those also, anyways the seat brakets have been done. I am trying get the seats out, but i can't get a socket on the bolts because of the herculiner. Does anyone know what can dissolve this stuff, or anyway to get around it, i would prefer not to cut the bolts off

The only thing that works is Xylene or Xylol... it will probably say both on the can. Go buy yourself a gallon of it from a paint store or hardware store. Use a chisel to get the chunks off too... good luck.

re

Try a pipe wrench to break them loose. If you can get one in there. Could always chisel the heads off and ez out the shaft and put back new ones. As for a solvent to break down the dryed on cured hurculiner dont look good no mater what you use. Best of luck though. Tug

just for the hell of it. have you ever tried one of those universal sockets? the ones that fit any bolt, with the million pins in side to conform to the shape?
just a thought

89/cherokee 4.0 running rich

HACK AWAY at the herculiner with a screw driver. You can uncover the bolts, then patch it up with black spray paint after.

kelamb,

I cannot determine from your post what you are trying to accomplish by removing your seats. New seats? Installing carpeting? Whatever the purpose, is it really necessary to remove the seat riser brackets? Will unbolting the seats from the risers not suffice for your purpose?

Gadget

To keep it from getting out of control messy I would stick this the manual scrapper. Screw driver, chisel, gasket scrapper,carpet knife etc...

Tough stuff ain't it?!?!?

Jeepz.com decals

now i know its not a true jeeper move, but i wanted to put some carpet in for the winter. I like having the herculiner down, but the guy did a really crappy job of doing it, and next spring i would like to possibly redo it right..

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, i am going to work on it tomorrow

Back