(b.o.v.) survival jeepz

jeepjeep!

Ok guys i think this has the potential to be a good thread! BUG OUT VEHICLE

I recently am trying to get on at the local rescue squad. Im planning on adding to the Wj to better equip it for emergency or recovery situations. With all the apocalyptic mayan zombie fears this year theres no shortage of supplies and cool new gadgets! (Yet). No really tho, My first add on is probably gonna be a set of hella 500s for the front, then i have on my list towing and recovery points, first aid and emergency survival bags for cargo, fire extinguish, shovels & axe. I dont plan on nothing over the top. Just enough to be prepared in case of emergency in bad weather, wrecks, or lending the neighbors a hand. I see all kinds of talk on the net about hummer and fj but cmon i know Jeep is more than capable of being ready when SHTF! Plus us jeepers are cooler anyways! Also id like yo carry a kayak and bet equipped for camping. Not just emergency

Anyone have any cool gadgets or ideas on the topic?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120518_134923.png
    ForumRunner_20120518_134923.png
    554.9 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:

my jeep is already set up for zombie response stuff. lots of rope, tools, winch, and a hardtop with hard doors, ha ha ha.

hummers and fj are ok if you are staying on the road but when you really have to get off road and into the woods, they are too long and wide to fit between trees. or if hte highway is littered with destroyed cars, the hummers and fj won;t be able to fit between the wrecks. the wranglers and cjs are small wheel base with very tight turning radius so we can turn around in places most people have to do 4 point turns in.

Superj maybe i was wrong about this thread. I thought someone out there would have liked it lol. Oh well! Im still brainstorming on a good spot for the shovel and axe.

I think this is a pretty good thread. One of the things that I keep in my cj is a inverter. Comes in handy on camping trips and blackouts.

South Texas, that shot is across the street from the gulf of Mexico.

im thinkin a nice new front bumper to ram zombies with lol but really, a safari rack would give you plenty of room to put your shovel plus extra luggage like clothes food or camping equipment like tents grills etc

Yea thinkin bout scoopin up some kayaks soon. I wanna mount the shovel and axe inside somewhere. Doubt ill come up with anything i like though, ill have a medic bag and roadside toolset in the cargo area also, speaking of bumpers i really like this one !!

Attachments

• bumper014.jpg
    bumper014.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,157
Oh yea and i found this on the net! What the?????? Talk about ramming zombies!!

Attachments

• Jeep22.jpg
    Jeep22.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,249

Here's a jeep concept some guy cooked up himself. He calls it the jeep recon. I think he did one of those truck mods to a jeep 4 door wrangler but in a way that it's more like a bronco then a truck.

Attachments

• image-2594648125.jpg
    image-2594648125.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 1,219
Pretty cool, im curious to see the grand wagoneer thats supposed to be coming. Anyone have any ideas for fire ext mount in the wj?

maybe the back of the console? like between the legs of whoever rides in the middle of the back seat, it would be easy to reach there from any one of the doors except the back hatch, might be a little tricky to get to from the hatch

Yea i gues a small one would fit there, i like that spot but it does interfere with the rear cup holders that slide out, i thought maybe the cargo area, good if u can get out, bad if your stuck in.

everything on the guard on the front of that truck jk is mounted funny, look closely at the shovels.

i think that if we really needed to get away from zombies, digging would not be high on the list of escape routes.

you might have to go old school and mount your shovels and stuff to the exterior side of the rear quarter panels, like they used ot mount the spares and shovels on the old willys.

Back