back cross

Running Target

i somehow blew out my back cross on my rear drive shaft, i think a bolt worked out, can i just pull off my rear drive shaft and drive to my dad's shop in 4hi (front wheel drive) or will this put to much stress on the front drive train?

wouldnt go too far - busted my rear yoke on my old jeep coming out of the xfer case and got to work on the front axle - also consider fluid loss with the rear yoke removed... if you dont HAVE to like I did youre prob. better off with a tow from a friend... just my $.02

I drove mine 200 miles at 55 miles an hour with front wheel drive only. I duct taped the bottom of a plastic soda bottle to the slip yoke output on the rear of the transfer case to keep fluid in. I had broken the rear yoke and couldn't get a new one in time for me to be back home for work.

dang thats clever! that fluid loss was my only concern... i'll put that in my store of emergency redneck fixes! again... very clever! (God bless duct tape!) cuz otherwise its just front wheel drive!

just got it towed there, felt it was gona be to far, tow was only like 50 so i decided not to risk it, havn't had time to work on the jeep because of the holydays but gona try to work on it sat.

Back