Basic radio with CD player

ghostsmoke

I have a 1994 wrangler and the factory radio does not work. I want to replace it with a (well) cheap am/fm with CD player. Does anyone have suggestions. thanks Ghost

i like pioneer and sony for cheap good radios

alpine is very nice but it doesn't fall in the cheap range because its a higher end head unit

This is what i'm ordering for my Jeep.
Basic, Old school knobs for tuning and volume.
AM/FM-MPX Stereo Tuning
Digital LCD Display Panel
USB/SD/MMC MP3 Player
18 Preset Stations
Volume/Balance Contol
AM Frequency Range: 520~1710kHz
FM Frequency Range: 87.5~108MHz
RCA Line Out (4Ch)
200 Watts Total Output(4 x 50 Watts)
Dimensions: 7''W x 4.72''D x 1.96''H

$ 35.00 plus shipping.

Attachments

• Pyle_PLR18MPF.jpg
    Pyle_PLR18MPF.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 483

i like having knobs too. i used to have an eclipse stereo in my bmw and it had a weird knob that no matter how fast you turned it, the volume only went up or down at a certain speed. it was a huge bummer because the stereo was 800 bucks new and used a memory card, like my camera used. it was a really cool radio though. you hooked it up and hit the set up auto button, and hooked its little microphone up and it would adjust your speakers so the sound hit the driver's ears at the same time. it had a screen that had all these funky settings so it looked like the matrix computer screens or happy faces or all this weird stuff.

i had that thing almost 8 years when i finally left it in the vehicle when we sold the vehicle. it was starting to have trouble reading cds (never bothered me, i'm a radio guy) and my wife loves cds

I have that exact deck. Except I have a 39 buck box with two small subs and tweeters. Bolted that in with "L" brackets and ran some wire for speakers. My stock speakers were trash so this all inclusive package was perfect. Here's a pic of my setup.

image-335237958.jpg

image-1363543059.jpg

I bought a sound bar from a dude parting out a 93 or 94 model so that should help a lot

I have a 1994 wrangler and the factory radio does not work. I want to replace it with a (well) cheap am/fm with CD player. Does anyone have suggestions. thanks Ghost
I just got a new Pioneer stereo kit from walmart. total with shipping and tax came to 95.37. It came with the stereo/cd player, 1 set of 6"x9" tsx120 speakers, 1 set of 5" round tsx120 speakers. Plus a complete wiring kit. You can't beat it for a Wrangler.

Back