Best hot weather batteries?

RonaldL

I have only a year and a half on a new battery I bought at Walmart,now won't hold a charge.It was the biggest and best that would fit my TJ. I am sure it has some warranty left on it, but not sure I want another one of that brand. I need something that will stand up here in Arizona. Any opinions welcome!:???:

You are probably gonna hear a lot of "optima" with this thread. It really just depends on how much you're willing to spend. If you think about it, optima will cost about twice as much as your local auto parts type batteries, but will probably last 2 or 3 times as long, so in the long run its worth it.

I have been considering the Optima, but wanted to hear from some one who has used them. And then there is Red, Yellow and Blue. Wonder which type would be the best for the Desert ?

I would say red... I think yellow is for deep cycle, which is RVs and stuff and blue is for marine usage...I think...pretty sure red is the way to go

Red it is. Sounds like yellow might be good if you had an electric winch. Thanks for the info.

Red has no deep cycle it's just built solely on starting and keeping your vehicle going, yellow most offroad guys use when the have more accessories like a winch, lights stuff like that, yellow is a blend between the red and blue, yellow has the cranking amps of red and the deep cycle of blue, blue is for the marine guy but you can see it in alot of jeeps that run a large amount of accessories for example electric lockers, air compressors, winch, multiple amounts of offroad lights, interior doo dads, and all kinds of other good stuff, so if you arent running accessories buy the red top, another benefit to all the optima battery's they all are spill proof, and vibration resistant which also gives them longer life. I bought the blue top. Great battery.

Back