Best Shocks for a TJ?

jeephugger

Looking for opinions for the best shocks for my TJ with a 3.5 rubicon express suspension lift and a 2 inch body lift.

I want to keep good city manners, as it is my only vehicle ... but want good flex and stuff off road - definitely don't want TOO stiff - they are bumpy enough.

I personally like the Doesch Tech DT3000's. Great shock especially for the price.

frankiefire702 said:
I personally like the Doesch Tech DT3000's. Great shock especially for the price.

Those are definately the best comprimise of quality and value out there. Great price on a very good shock. The valving is specific to the application, which means you don't get the same shocks for your Jeep as they would put on a 3/4 ton Ford.

Doetsch-Tech 3000's definately, great ride and only $30 each. Rusty's Hydros would be my second choice.

Thanks much guys
Anyone seen a good comparison article in any mags, or at any sites?

I was leaning RS9000's, that's what I had on my CJ7... but heard that some of the new self-adjusting ones work AS WELL, and are less money...
Hadn't heard much on the DT3000's till this site... had heard good opinions, and bad opinions on the Hydros...

CJ8 purchase

I wouldn't waste the money on adjustibles, THEY'RE SHOCKS. Install and drive, just need a little research to get what you want between all the stiff and soft shocks out there.

The DT3000's have a lifetime warranty I believe. www.rubiconexpress.com can get you exactly the length you need.

I dunno.... they're important... I mean, if you have a jeep full of 4, or 5 people, and you have chosen a soft shock, you might wish you could stiffen it up a bit, durint that one trip, but want it softer when you're riding by yourself.

A good shock will have multi-staged valves to dampen a heavy load differently from a light one. I really wouldn't want to have to do that manually when a good shock will do it for you. I don't ever recall wishing I had bought adjustable shocks, heavy load or not.

Back