Best Way to give my CJ7 A Stance!!!!

CJ7lr

I have a 1978 CJ7 with a 6 inch lift, and right know it sits pretty tall but it has a very narrow stance. I was just wondering what would be the best for it. Either a bronco rear ends, or wheel spacers? or any thing else?

The best way would be wider axle's.

You can also get wheels with a different backspacing, but I wouldn't get too carried away with that.

Or spacers will work if you get good quality ones and don't go too extreme with them either.

Your 78 has narrow track axles. They went to wide track in 82. Getting a set of wide tracks is the first option. Even better if you get some out of a 4cyl Jeep that would have had 4.10 gears in the axles.
Option 2 would be get a set of full width axles such as Dana 44's, Ford 8.8 or 9", etc... If you want to go big then a set of ton axles would be in order.
Option 3 would be wheel spacers or backspaced wheels. I would personally prefer the backspaced wheels to the spacers. Thick spacers are pretty pricey. Backspaced wheels would accomplish the same thing, but also give you the opportunity to put a new look on the Jeep. Black rock crawler steel wheels would be a good choice.
You should post pics ASAP.

Back