Black Smoke

LtFuzz

Engaging 4 wheel drive in the snow

ok...this is my 3rd and last question of the day (mainly cuz its almost midnight :wink: ) whenever i start the jeep, there is like black ash stuff all over the driveway under the exaust pipe and i have no idea to whats causing it...i solved my other 2 problems of the day here and i'm goin for a third explaination before i hit the rack...any help would be appreciated!

PS: Thanks to Tug for helpin me with the other issues...:)

Capt Cox
USAF Aux

black smoke means she's running rich...

(white smoke is water burning off, and blue smoke is oil...)

Your Welcome Capt. I am just glad some of my rambling helped. Rich means Fule Delivery needs to be adjusted. I am not going to be much help there. 2 out of 3 in a day is good odds. by the way thanks for serving! tug

start by checking the spark plugs and their gap. if they are not firing correctly, some fuel will not burn off...

from there, sensors would be my next guess (02 mainly)

doubtful its a fuel problem, usually things get crudded up and things run lean...

LtFuzz said:
ok...this is my 3rd and last question of the day (mainly cuz its almost midnight :wink: ) whenever i start the jeep, there is like black ash stuff all over the driveway under the exaust pipe and i have no idea to whats causing it...i solved my other 2 problems of the day here and i'm goin for a third explaination before i hit the rack...any help would be appreciated!

PS: Thanks to Tug for helpin me with the other issues...:)

Capt Cox
USAF Aux

question... does it only do it when cold or when warm as well? it might be a stuck choke if it does it when warm. when cold, its ok, so long as it doesnt do it warm.

Back