Blower Motor-Replace ?

jeep4ever

I have been having problems with the blower motor shutting on and off on my 2004 TJ. I found the wiring harness connection not to be naking a good connection. I can jiggled it and the motor runs. Based upon what I have read the moter heats up and melts the connector. Some say the repair kit for the connector is just putting off problems and sooner or later the increased voltage the motor is drawing will melt something else. My questions, is that an accurate statement and are the newer motors not subject to the same issue? What is the best course of action ?

The weakest link is what usually heats up and burns. In this case, the connector to the blower resistor and blower motor is what's causing this failure. The repair harness and connector from Mopar fixes the issue granted that you also make sure the spade pins on the blower motor and resistor block is completely clean from corrosion or arching pits. I usually recommend they are replaced with new units but that's your call. The replacement wiring and connectors will come with butt connectors however, I've found that soldering the connections works better.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

One issue is there is no cabin air filter. Because of this dirt and moisture make it into he motor causing a rise in current required.
For the most part the statements are true.
As mentioned repair connectors and I'd add clean all contacts including the ground.

Back