Body Lift Questions

Deerhunter30

I bought a 1983 CJ7 and the previous owner had a body lift still in the box. The CJ has 32" tires and I think they look a little tight in the wheel wells. What are the pros/cons to a body lift. One thing I was worried about was if the shifter was lower. Someone told me that you could move them back up to original position. Does anyone know anything about that?[addsig]

Anyone ever put on a 3" or 2" body lift. I understand that most do not like them, but I think that it will serve my purpose. I am just wondering about that shifter. [addsig]

Personally ---- I dont like them, it looks a little funny with a 3 inch gap , but on the other hand its cheap... you will have to get longer shifter, drop the radiator, extend the gas filler hose and if it has an A/C your looking at more work .......like I said this is what I think, I think you would be much happier with some new springs.....but you have to make the ultimate decission...... :-D :cool: :-D [addsig]

There aint a thing wrong with a B/L. I got a 3 in on my 87YJ and have not had a problem. I built bumpers front and rear to hide the small gaps. I have an automatic with air conditioner and the kit comes with brackets for the radiator to lower it and the condensor is ok. I think the kit has a gas filler hose extension or I went to the parts house and bought something longer. Mine since automatic came with a shifter extension to weld on. Your steering rod will extend out ok with no additional parts and you may have to cut your shifter hole just a bit larger to clear. Brake lines are fine without any mods. Go for it I did.[addsig]

Back