Body lift

derrelw

RE: water in auto transmission

Hey gang,
I want to install a 1" body lift on my TJ and was looking for feedback on brands to buy. I'm looking for a complete kit that is easy to install and comes with all the hardware required. Also are you satisfied with yours? Does it squeak? Thanks, Derrel

Daystar, I personally don't have one, But A number of people in my club do run this brand and no one has any neg. feedback!

Daystar is great if you want to replace the bushings as well. I have a MORE one inch kit, its a good kit but the pucks are silver, and some dont like that.

RE: lookin for a link

yup.. hockey pucks are the way to go.... if you're just gonna buy rubber things with holes in them... save the money and do it yourself...

Buy a drop bracket for the transfer case shifter linkage.

Man, the TJ linkage is a hoaked up design, they should of left it like the YJ, mounted to the TC.

gauges quit working?

I used hockey pucks and bolts from lowes. I didnt have to do anything to my shifter linkage.

RE: CHAMPION Winch

Do the pucks have to be reduced in overall diameter? It seems that they would be much larger than a factory body spacer...

They're larger diameter, but there is plenty of room for them. It's actually better that they're wide, makes the body that much more stable on the frame and works to counteract the added leverage of a body lift.

RE: Sorry to brag......

the hardest part of a body lift... especially with a NY YJ is getting the bolts out

Back