Body vs suspension lift

cbanks

What Is the difference and what should I look to Pay for my 05 wrangler, also I do not want tovoid my powertrain warranty

A body lift is a spacer thats placed between the body and the frame brackets. It's highly recommended that you don't go over a 1inch body lift for safety reasons. A suspension lift on a TJ can go from mild to wild depending on how much lift your looking for. A simple mild lift would be a 2 inch spacer placed between the coil spring and seat bracket on all 4 corners of the jeep. You will also want to increase the lenght of the shock absorbers and posibbly a drop pitman arm. If you decide that you want more than a 2 inch suspension lift then you will need more parts to replace such as longer control arms , longer brake hoses, T.case kit and if your jeep did not come with the caster correction bolts, you will need to install those as well. The higher the lift, the more issues you will have with the driveline angles that creates noise and premature failure of the related components. Since you have an 05 model, i'm assuming that you have an extended service contract. Suspension is not a part of the powertrain warranty. I've only known of one case a while back where the engine failure was due to the transmission seized up at a high rpm where the torque converter was on a locked position. Further investigation revealed that the transmission was tilted enough back and with the momentum of the forward motion deprived the front bearings from lubrication. Eventually the bearings seized up and locked up the input shaft and all the torque snapped the crankshaft. Very rare but it happens.

Check out 4wd.com for prices. But A body lift just lifts the body
You are better off with a small suspension lift say 2" lift . This lifts the body and frame and gives you a better ride.

Back