Body with no suspension lifts

BostonJeep

I'm thinking about buying a 4 inch body lift for my jeep, but heard that it really seperates from the bumper. Ive got a stock front end right now, does anyone have any pictures of the 4 inch body lift, id like to make sure it looks good before i go ahead and order. Thanks[addsig]

4"B.L.=too much.go suspension your asking for trouble or a lot of work to make it right. :-O [addsig]

was thinkin of for the future, 7", so maybe 3 body, 4 suspension? I'd still like to see the body lifts minus the suspensions, cause i cant buy both at the same time. poor college student[addsig]

If you want 7 inches,why dont you go with 2 inch shackels,1inch body,4inch suspension. Sully[addsig]

shackles are easy... 2 bolts to each one... then if you want to go 7 inches... go spring over.. its the best for the money[addsig]

BostonJeep, front shackles are so easy, rears are a bit more difficult cause you have to drop the gas tank!

I am in boston, if you need any help doing any install, or want to see what the final product looks like, PM me or e-mail me, I will offer my services to you.

My rate of pay is 20 miutes of laughter per hour
60 minutes of good conversation per hour
and a 12 pack per day (coors light) can't get sauced while working on the jeep![addsig]

I would not ever put a body lift over 1 inch. 2 inces maybe if you have an automatic. When I was a new jeeper I put a 3 inch on my TJ. Oh my god did it look terrible. You could see the radiator and lines up front, and the gas tank was exposed in the back huge. Then I could barely shift into 2nd or reverse, the engine light came on too. DONT DO IT!!!!! A body lift installed will be about 400-500 installed. I would save an extra grand and just get a decent suspension lift that looks good then run 33's[addsig]

body lifts are just made so that you can put a SMALL one on, after a susp lift so that you can keep tires from rubbing under flex. SOA is the best way to go unless u have a TJ, and then skyjacker makes an 6" and 8" RR lift, but then you are talkin biout lotta $$[addsig]

If you pay 4-500 for a body lift... you get ripped off... they are really cheap and easy to install... but still not the best lift.... and for the rear shackles... it is not mandatory to remove the gas tank... if you cut the bolt, you can just replace it... MUCH easier[addsig]

Back