Brake master and clutch slave cylinders for a '95 YJ...

Sine Deviance

The body shop my Jeep is in called last night. They had a transmission shop check out my transmission and drivetrain components just to make sure they held up when I got rear-ended. Everything is mechanically sound but the brake master and clutch slave cylinders both need to be replaced. The transmission shop wanted $750 to do it so I told em' to forget about it and I'll replace them myself.

I know I can get the brake master at pretty much any auto parts store, but what about the clutch slave? The only one I could find so far is from Chrysler. It's a kit that includes the brake master. The downside is that this kit costs over $600 and I refuse to pay it.

So, anybody know where I can get a reman or rebuilt kit? Thanks!

You know you can take this opportunity to upgrade your braking system as well, right? If I remember correctly (check at 4bangers; it's in a post there) the perfect conbination was a TJ master and Ford Econoline booster... But double check on that one, as I dont remember too well...

You know you can take this opportunity to upgrade your braking system as well, right? If I remember correctly (check at 4bangers; it's in a post there) the perfect conbination was a TJ master and Ford Econoline booster... But double check on that one, as I dont remember too well...

Well thanks, I'll keep that in mind, but that's the brake system and it already works pretty good on my Jeep. I really just need a clutch slave cylinder for under $600.

Under $200.00 from Quadratech. Original Replacement Parts 52104113 - Clutch Slave Cylinder, Clutch Master Cylinder & Hose Kit for 94-95 Jeep Wrangler YJ - Quadratec

I'm curious like Bounty_Hunter, i don't see how a rear end collision can cause the clutch master and slave to go bad. The only thoery i can think of is if the mechanic jumped in your jeep after sitting for awhile and slave has lost its prime and had to step on the clutch more than once to shift the trans. but still wouldn't be caused by a rear end collision.

X3, the accident should not have affected those parts (unless the slave was pushed into something and damaged physically). Does the clutch still work OK? If it really was damaged then the OTHER guy's insurance should be paying for a new one not you (you're the guy that got tagged in the passenger-side rear, right?) Best of luck - John

Win! Thanks a bunch!

I'm curious like Bounty_Hunter, i don't see how a rear end collision can cause the clutch master and slave to go bad. The only thoery i can think of is if the mechanic jumped in your jeep after sitting for awhile and slave has lost its prime and had to step on the clutch more than once to shift the trans. but still wouldn't be caused by a rear end collision.

I can't see how a rear collision would affect either of those.

X3, the accident should not have affected those parts (unless the slave was pushed into something and damaged physically). Does the clutch still work OK? If it really was damaged then the OTHER guy's insurance should be paying for a new one not you (you're the guy that got tagged in the passenger-side rear, right?) Best of luck - John

Those cylinders were already bad before I got rear-ended. They just got worse after the accident, and need to be replaced.

Sorry, I replied to the wrong thread...

A couple years ago the clutch went out on my 93 yj. If i remember correctly the autozone clutch kit came with a new slave? Mine's internal so if i tear it down that far it's getting a new clutch too. I put in a 95 wrangler with a 4banger on autozone.com and they're showing they sell one for 47 dollars and another for 55 dollars both with a limited lifetime warranty.

Back