Budget Boost for a TJ

I have that setup on my TJ. The shocks are very soft riding. In my opinion you can't beat them especially for the price.

I run that kit, it's been great so far. They were out of the Doetsch shocks when I ordered mine so they swapped in some pro comp ES3000's, after running the pro comp's I think I would have prefered the Doetsch's.

Bad choice on the ProComp's, they are some stiff riding hydraulic shocks. The Doetsch-Tech 3000's are a very smooth riding hydraulic shock and come highly recommended.

I just put this lift on about a month ago. I'm happy with the way it rides and ease of installation. Took me about 4 hours to do in my dad's garage with a ratchet set, jack stands and a floor jack. I'm runnin 31's and this gives me tons of room for flex with the discos on the tj. Check out some of the pics here:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/siminsez01

Note: The kit didn't come with boots (do standard lift kits?), so make sure you get some b4 you do the install. Wish i had known, would've saved me a ton of work.

i have a daystar 2" budget boost with d.t. shocks. i like it alot. i am really only getting into wheeling so i didnt want to get nuts with an expensive lift. i went to the paragon with the new england jeep club and it worked well.

Mine are great off road (ES 3000's) they feel bulletproof, but on road they are just really really rough riding, they stiffen the ride up so it feels like youre in a super duty truck

Bounty__Hunter said:
Bad choice on the ProComp's, they are some stiff riding hydraulic shocks. The Doetsch-Tech 3000's are a very smooth riding hydraulic shock and come highly recommended.
Yeah, unfortunately they didn't really give me a choice, sent me an e-mail after they had already shipped 'em. Decided that I didn't want to wait or pay shipping to swap them out. Too bad really, if they would have offered to cut me a deal on some better shocks I would have paid the difference

siminsez01 said:
Note: The kit didn't come with boots (do standard lift kits?), so make sure you get some b4 you do the install. Wish i had known, would've saved me a ton of work.

Don't waste your time on shock boots, they're just for looks. They hold in mud and water, and will trash the rod seal quicker than running without them. There's a reason DT3000's come without boots. Save 'em for the show trucks.

How do I get the steering wheel off?

Bounty__Hunter said:
siminsez01 said:

Don't waste your time on shock boots, they're just for looks. They hold in mud and water, and will trash the rod seal quicker than running without them. There's a reason DT3000's come without boots. Save 'em for the show trucks.
I would have to disagree bounty... the shock book keep alot of small dirt particles from eatting the seals on the shocks. With a properly sealed boot your shaft and seals last longer than without.

I think the shock boot has been debated here before. I had a set on my YJ, but I left the bottom zip tie off so water would not stay in there. I don't think you really need them though, because the seal cleans the rod as the shock compresses. I think it's just personal preference.

Tradin my YJ for a grand cherokee

I don't run shock boots, dont really see how they would help much since when the boot compresses air evacuates, then as it streches back out dusty air rushes back in coating everything anyway

Back