Bumper Suggestions

ChrisL1987

RE: re lift

What do you guys suggest for a bumper? Im not a serious off-roader. You can find me on the street 90% of the time, so im guessing brush gaurds or anything like that would be out of the question. You think I should stick with the stock bumpers.. or ???????

RE: Re: grr-rah

I kinda like beefier bumpers (even brush guards) whether you wheel a lot or not. Besides, ya never know when you might actually be on the trail and need one. Like the old saying, "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it." Whether you go full tilt with the brush guards (or cattle-catchers, as we call them here in Tornado Alley), get ya something a little better than stock, something befitting of a Jeep!

RE: it just cut off...

ChrisL1987 said:
You think I should stick with the stock bumpers.. or ???????

I vote for "OR" !!! :D

One of the most fun things about having a jeep is doing Mods IMHO!!! So with that said I think you should find something you like the look of or that may have a function you would use on the trail. The beauty of a jeep is there are almost endless possibilities for you to look at! This is kinda cool cause it gives you the ability to personalize your jeep!!

You don't have to be a heavy wheeler to customize your jeep. You just have to have an itch to change it :D Skys the Limit!!

If it's all for the street, go with whatever you think looks best. Most guys choose their bumpers based on either the look or the price, regardless of what they tell you. In this case, I'd go with one of the LESS heavy duty ones to save some weight.

I like to think of the front bumper as your first line of defence! I want it to be the other guy to feel the pain if it comes down to him or me so I went with a beefy 14" x 2" x 4" tubing bumper with good recovery points and jack points. A real ricer killer hehehehe tug

image-missing.png

Re: RE: Random Poetry...

If you know someone who welds, they could whip ya' up something like this:

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Back