carburator o timing problem?

geronimo_e

Hi, mi name is geronimo, I live in Mexico, I have a 88 Yj with a 4.2L, manual trans, that has some mods, starting with msd ingniton 6AL, Blaster 2 Coil, Tach Adapter 8910, no cat, and recently changed the timing set, and carburator for a Carter 2 Barrel that I got in a junkyard in very good condition for $30, this carburator is not an electrical one, since all the air related sensors were removed and the old one was not working at all, the problem started a bit wile after any mod, and hace only goten worse, the jeep sudenly dies for no reason at all, engine cold or hot, then it is very hard to start again with the ocational carburator eruption of gases, some times it will rev up then drop to the botom but not diesel just be like 4 rpm (not kiding) then die and spit gas thew the carb. before it was just a small surge when driving but now i cant get 5 miles without it blowing up. But the weard thing is that when it wants to i works great, and I think the new carb realy gave me some punch. (I probably was from an all Dodge Truck with a V8 ). Any help wouth be great... Thanks.... (coud it be the MCU geting all confused and screwing with the timing??)[addsig]

Jeeptech.com/engine/nutter bypass, might help with the MCU. And might help to sort out the wiring. [addsig]

Back