CD player won't work

Jeepster05

I finally fixed my radio last week or so i thought. It turns on and everything and plays FMand AM but it won't except a CD it has one in there right now but it won't eject it. :-x
I'm not too good w/ the electrical side of my jeep so if anyone could help me out a little I'd appreciate it. [addsig]

first thing i'd try to do is unplug it and plug it back in (not just turn it off, it has a constant power source there to keep presets stored... it usually will spit anything out when you plug it back in. if it still doesn't work, i'd look for a hole in the back of the unit that you might be able to poke with a ball-point pen.[addsig]

the CD mechanisms in cars are really weak and unreliable. It happens. My Nakamichi CD is jammed right now, I need to take it appart. Try pulling the positive terminal off the battery and then reconnecting it. Like the guy before me posted, reseting it this way can often solve the problem. If it's jammed though and this doesn't work, you can either replace or repair it. I wouldn't even try to open it myself if I were you, those freakin' things are too tight to work in unless you know EXACTLY how to take them appart. Personally, if it doesn't reset when you disconnect the battery, just go to your local stereo store and buy a new one.[addsig]

Brother it is always something aint it. But look at the bright side you do not have to drop the transmission to fix it. hehehehe Tug :p [addsig]

pull it out and get yourself a aftermarket deck. Then you got a warranty![addsig]

Definately if unplugging it doesn't work then you could be in trouble. Like he said there could be a reset button somewhere on there that you would poke with a pen but if there is not then you would have to take the cd player apart to fix it and that stuff can be a real pain. It might be worth a shot though, if it is a nice one.[addsig]

I had that problem while I was installing my RF cd player in my jeep. Make sure you have the proper harness for the aftermarket cd player that is designed for your jeep. Then its pretty easy, you just match up the wires. The black one is ground, red is power/battery, blue sends a signal when the car is turned off so the radio doesn't drain the battery, orange has a little backup battery, white or grey is for speakers depending on right and left, and others based on features of the radio. Check the manual which came with your cd player, most companies also have install instructions on their website. I noticed that if you don't soder the wires together, sometimes they may giggle themselves loose.

Another idea, some newer cd players have different modes. You may have to change it to use the cd player.[addsig]

Back