Choke question

Jracka

Hi guys, I have a question that I hope you can help me with. About 50% of the times i start it the coke takes forever to disengage. I can give it gass and it will drop back down, but as soon as i take off it goes right back up. At the same time I hear a sound (can't really describe it) coming from under the hood.

Any help would be appreciated. The Jeep is a 95, 6 cylinder. Thanks !

Well I hate to burst your bubble but the 4.0 is fuel injected and doesn't have a choke. Without more information I really can't help to much. I can give you a guess to have check the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC) It controls the idle speed on the engine I believe.

No bubble burst here. Any information I get the better. I had a 87 before this one, so I am still learning. But to more clarify the problem, a lot of the times when I start it, it idles in the 2000 rpm range. It will stay like that for about 10 min. I can drop it back down by depressing the gas but it will come back up once I start moving again. Again, its about 50% of the times I start it. Any help would be appreciated.

Back