Chrysler forced to reinstate workers who were caught drinking on the job

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
A group of Chrysler workers who were terminated after being filmed (apparently) drinking on their lunch break have been reinstated as a result of mandatory arbitration.

Thirteen workers lost their jobs over the September 2010 incident that was caught on videotape by the Fox News station in Detroit.

Following an investigation, the workers were fired in accordance with Chrysler policy. The workers filed grievances with the United Auto Workers union and the matter went to arbitration, where Chrysler lost its case.

The full story has not been released, and it is possible that the arbitrator either found that there was not enough evidence that the workers were actually drinking alcohol, that the workers were entitled to addiction treatment before being discharged, or that the company’s own due process policies had been ignored.

You can read the full story at Allpar

I love having a drink,but really you cant wait until after work.I am a union worker and love the union,but this is how unions get a bad name.There is no reason why they should have a job if they are drinking while at work.Then you wonder why new cars have problems,you have a bunch of drunks putting them together..lol

I love having a drink,but really you cant wait until after work.I am a union worker and love the union,but this is how unions get a bad name.There is no reason why they should have a job if they are drinking while at work.Then you wonder why new cars have problems,you have a bunch of drunks putting them together..lol

^Hahaha^ I wonder how many Toyota workers drink on the job with all those recalls they had not to long ago

I bet if this happened at Boeing Congress would have a field day in open up some kind of congressional hearings but it's only the auto workers who we bailed out and rhey don't care?

I have said something about unions on other post and union "moderators" deleted my posts so I will not bother commenting..... I guess truth hurt the moderator's feelings!

Back