CJ questions if you please.

Tug-n-pull

OK I just found a real deal unless I am missing some thing here. 1979 CJ

The body is fair mild rust and needs paint (como from walmart would be good) What I could see of the frame it looks good no big rusted out spots. It has some fancy wheels older, New Best top basic High back seats, Top is an older top but they cut it down to a half top with a plywood back in it and looks ok for now. Tires suck! Interior sucks other than the new seats.

Has an older warn winch on the front a biggen too. has a rebuilt in dec. 89 Inline 6. Transmission transfer all suppost to be good. did not get under it as of yet to wet and muddy.

What was the stock front and rear ends in this 79 jeep. What transmission and transfer would have been stock. What would be a good price to pay for this ride. I know its a lot of questions and I am sorry but dang I sure do wnat this for a back woods ride. Keep my YJ for a daily ride. They are asking 2k obo. Tug[addsig]

transmission would either be stock a t-18 4 sp or a t-150 3 sp
and the t-case is a dana 20[addsig]

Well, if it's a CJ-7, it may have quadratrac, but only if it's an automatic and has a V8... but it probably has a dana 20 transfer case and a T-150 Transmission (most likely, although it could have a T-18 transmission, it was an option that year). If it's a CJ-5, then count on it having a dana 20 T-case, and T-150 Transmission....it will have a AMC 20 rear axle (narrow track) and a Dana 30 front axle (also narrow). It probably has 3.73 gears as well, or something very close to that. All in all, 2k is probably alright, as long as it's not a rust bucket.... I would try to talk them down myself, like 1500 or so.... since it obviously needs some attention. But for a woods vehicle, it could be pretty fun.
Good luck with it![addsig]

as far as the frame goes really look around the rear leaf spring perches and on either side of the gas tank. as far as the difs ,trans, and engine goes your v.i.n. should have all that info. id try to get it for 1500.00 as you probably wnt to modify it somewhat for the trail.[addsig]

Back