CJ Refurb: Update...Bad News and Good News

phillika

Okay. Short story is I went down to pick up my CJ and I had no tags or current registration (the old tags were removed and it needs to physically be in GA to have it emissions inspected to update the registration/tags). Soooooo, the bad news is, after thinking I had a great deal on a $150 plane ticket and plans to drive it back with temporary plates so I could have it home for Chirstmas, I ended up leaving it there rather than risk a hefty fine and potential impoundment since temporary plates would not have been legitimate as I learned...although I seriously considered taking the risk.
image-missing.png
Anyhow, I've paid an additional $220 on a return plane ticket + $400 to have it shipped up late this coming week. Okay...stupid oversight. Sigh.
image-missing.png

The good news (sorta) is I got to see it up close and personal and in living color. I had almost forgotten how high she is. I think maybe she's grown over the past few months!! Anyway upon seeing it, I went ahead a made the plunge to have a few more additions before having it shipped including:

Tube bumpers, diamond plate corners and sides, 2 sets of offroad lights, "LAREDO" decals on the hood, stainless gauge cover for the dash.

Now when I get it, it'll look really cool and it'll be incredibly MEAN and just about complete.
image-missing.png
I'll just have to add a CB and get a full size spare tire. Now I'm just waiting for Santa Clause to come with my anxiously awaited gift a few days after Christmas!!
image-missing.png

I'll post another picture once it's completely complete. [addsig]

Bummer Dude! I am sorry that it cost you the extra buck just to get to see it but sounds like it will work out in the end. Merry Christmas Phillika. Later Tug[addsig]

Back