CJ, YJ, TJ, ?J

newguy

WHAT DO ALL OF THESE ABBR. MEAN. I KNOW CJ STANDS FOR CIVILIAN JEEP, BUT YJ AND TJ WHAT IS THAT??

YJ = Yuppie Jeep
TJ = True Jeep.
These are not what they realy stand for. I am not sure if anyone knows.

yj-means yuppie jeep, or your jeep. and tj- means there jeep, or topless jeep, or tough jeep.........ok, anyone else know, cause i dont, why are military jeeps called MB and not MJ [military jeep] what does the B stand for?

I was told that the CJ's are the only model that actually stands for something. The rest have to do w/ the VIN #. Al YJ's have YJ in the VIN. I am not sure if this is true but... Jeep has never answered this one.

Thanks for all the insight guys, regardless of what it means I love mine

I heard YJ does stand for yuppie Jeep as this was the first Wrangler-type Jeep to be offered with auto transmission. Also, a bit lower and more stable. Has a limiting 'horn' inside the air intake to limit HP. (See jeepyj.net) TJ is for 'trail jeep' as this was modified with the sprig coil suspension versus the truck-like ride of the leaf springs on YJs (sounds a bit more yuppie to me) as for CJ and MB I am not sure though Civilian Jeep does sound good. First jeep to be offered to civilians?? Check out your Jeep owner's bible and maybe it will tell you!

Back