cj5 with 304 wont start

mx racer 904

Well this is what i did...

I changed my rusted metal fender for fiberglass ones....

no real problems...

here is the issue...

I went to start it and nothing...no click nothing..lights work...

Only things I changed were...

There was a ground wire(not original) from the side marker light on driver side to the negative on battery...I removed it(i just thought they thought it wasnt working because of no ground)

and now i have an extra wire hanging by the battery tray...it is red and a large guage (not like huge)....that wire runs in a large loom over to the fire wall on driver side...it has a male spade on the side near the battery tray....

so is it this wire with the spade bit or was the wire to the marker light a ground for the starter solenoid somehow...

man i am puzzled...

You have to run a ground wire to the starter solenoid. The solenoid grounds itself through the mount directly to the steel fender. Once you have done this the hot wire coming from the ignition has somewhere to ground out which engages the electromagnet inside closes the switch and power flows to your starter.

you have to run a ground wire to the starter solenoid. The solenoid grounds itself through the mount directly to the steel fender. Once you have done this the hot wire coming from the ignition has somewhere to ground out which engages the electromagnet inside closes the switch and power flows to your starter.
x2

ya i thought of that after I posted and went out to eat...sure enough...made a ground wire up and waalaa...she started....thanks guys

Back