couple of questions

Slacker

hi
not really new to reading the board just to posting. i have read just about every post on the board and figured i would post once my first problem reared its ugly face. so thanks for the information thus far and thanks in advance for any from here on out. so here are my questions. i was driving to the store yesterday and when i stopped to park i turned the radio off but the engine was still running in i heard a whine. i traced the whine back to the fuel tank. i went in the store and came out. when i turned the ignition i wanted to see if i could hear the fuel pump without starting the engine and it made that same whine only shorter. i guess it was priming for starting. i read a little on it and think i have an MPI. would that be right? anyway when i was driving home it started sputtering and stuff like Vasily's post earlier. i was waiting to hear what her doagnostic was but haven't seen anything. so fuel pump? seems to me it is but just wanted opinions if i could. and second is it easy as it seems in the manual to take the tank off to remove it and such?
thanks for the answers. and tug, if oyu read this, i am following your rough country 3" lift project as this is the way i am thinking of going. so good luck with that and i am also eager to find out how it turns out.

Slacker[addsig]

It does sound like you fule pump is giving up on you. The fule tank is not that hard to drop, but remove as much fule as possible prior to this due to weight. I am really looking forward to the lift and feel it is a good mod for the dollars spent. I will keep you posted as to how it goes. It looks like it will be pretty straight forward work only getting all of them ancient bolts loose will surely be a problem. Tug[addsig]

yeah... removing the gas is REALLY good advice... when i was younger, i changed the sending unit on a full sized blazer with a full tank... NOT FUN... benchpressing the tank back up while someone else straps it up with the broken straps is NOT what i had in mind that day[addsig]

It was charging the fuel system when you turned on the ignition. buy a fuel presure guage from an auto parts store and plug it into your ingector rail. (if you have fuel ingection.) if you get a bad reading your lines might be leaking or the pump might be bad. good luck! =)[addsig]

Back