Death wobble

jeep4life26

Hi my name's peter I new to the forum and I recently have been having experiencing an issue with my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara where I will death wobble whenever I hit a bump was wondering if anybody knows any information on what could be causing this and how it can be fixed It was in the shop and they replaced the stabilizer in the front and but it still happening and I was just wondering if there's anything else that I would be able to do?

Do you have any sort of lift? You have a worn out part in the front steering and/or suspension. Check your track bar, ball joints, bushings, and tie rod ends.

There is an issue with JK's and death wobble. The track bar needs to be replaced and other components need to be checked and replaced is death wobble was bad enough or happened enough times. Check ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings even control arm bushings. Once replaced and others verified and checked get your tires road balanced and vehicle aligned.

The only real way to get rid of it is to sell it.
New steering damper, new upper and lower ball joints, new track bar, new inner/outer tie rods, new tires, AND new larger larger track bar bolts. Diminished yet still there. Flawed product and refuse to take responsibility. They don't use that front end set up anymore for obvious reasons. Door hinges will soon bubble up with rust too. Awesome time. JoKe Unlimited.

Why does it seem every death wobble story starts with a shop that goes straight to the steering stabilizer, claiming that will fix the problem? I was talking to a tech the other day while getting my tires balanced who stated he never heard the term death wobble, and he was giving me the 'you're a silly girl' attitude. Ticked me off something fierce. I remained calm and suggested he google it, then return to his place of education and *****-slap his instructor until he agreed to include the education in the automotive program.

I hope you find the cause of the problem, Peter. Mounting a GoPro under the front end and going for a drive may also help you identify parts that are moving in an unintended manner.

First, check wheelbearings and balance tires. Check balljoints and tierods as well as the driver's side of the trac bar and look at the control arms for movement of the bolts that are supposed to be tight. I had the frame end of my lower control arms come loose and the shims fell out, which cause sudden DW. Wheel alignment shop didn't tighten them up enough and caused the issue. My passeneger's side tire wore from new to 1/3 tread in 6 months too!

Back