Diff Oils

Wranglerman21

I have a 2004 Wrangler with Dana 44 Rear and 30 Front and am wanting to change the Diff Fluids. I have done this on other jeeps that I have had and always used Mobil 1. anyone have any better suggestions on what to use? Royal Purple???????Mobil 1????????thanks for the help guys!8)

I have a 2004 Wrangler with Dana 44 Rear and 30 Front and am wanting to change the Diff Fluids. I have done this on other jeeps that I have had and always used Mobil 1. anyone have any better suggestions on what to use? Royal Purple???????Mobil 1????????thanks for the help guys!8)

I run Redline 75w90 in my '06 with no complaints.

i run royal purple in all my axles havent had any trouble. i did notice that the diffs run alot cooler now with the royal purple then when i was running valoline

I run Royal Purple in everything as well- diffs, engine, etc. Definately noticed the temp difference over the Pennzoil I used to run, even full synthetic.

Mobil 1, Royal Purple, and Redline area all good lubes. You won't go wrong with any of them.

Mobil 1, Royal Purple, and Redline area all good lubes. You won't go wrong with any of them.

My only problem with Mobil1 is that they changed the formula and I've heard a lot of complaints in the "tuner" community that their motor oil is not nearly as good as it used to be. I don't know anything about their gear oils, however.

Used Oil Analysis is the only way to know for sure. I occasionally send my oil out and while Mobil 1 has always come back good for me (with one exception*), Pennzoil Platinum tested better in every vehicle I've tried it in and costs less. ;)

In my Sport Trac I'm using Mobil 1 0w-30 Fuel Economy Formula, for whatever incremental mpg improvement I can get, and the UOA was fine.

Blackstone Labs will test gear lube too.

*My UOA result with Mobil 1 Truck & SUV Formula was pretty awful. Plain Mobil 1 is fine.

Back