First post here! Which fuse is it?

WobblyHeadBob

I searched all day and this site looks like the place I want to be. My first question for you guys is whether or not anyone knows which fuse to replace once your lighter/accessory stops working?! I have a 1998 Wrangler Sport and the owners manual isn't too descriptive when breaking down the fuses. Any answers?![addsig]

Welcome to the board :-D And as to which fuse I have no clue but I'm sure someone else will.[addsig]

There should be an "Owners Manual For Dummies"... That would easily eliminate atleast half my troubles in this world! Thanks for the welcome! :cool: [addsig]

I haven't looked yet... but all of the fuses in the panel should be somewhat labeled... and if you don't find it in there... you might have to look in the relay box under the hood[addsig]

They are somewhat labeled and what I mean by that is like 3-4 letter abbreviations. I haven't tried the relay box, but once I locate that I honestly can't tell you if I'll even know what I'm looking at . I'm at work and 60 miles from my Jeep, but once I get home I'll post more information for help on the matter. [addsig]

Even if you dont know which fuse it is exactly, you can pull the fuses out one by one and check. I dont believe this will do any damage other than maybe reseting the clock on your stereo. (IF IM WRONG SOMEONE PLEASE SAY SO!) If youve never seen a blown fuse before, just look for one where the metal inside isnt connected anymore. Than just figure out what wattage the fuse is and replace it. Not to hard.[addsig]

Yeah...Thats obviously my next course of action. I'm not worried about resetting the clock, and I don't believe that pulling, checking and replacing fuses is going to do anything counter productive. Thanks for the input. :cool: [addsig]

Look for the acc fuse. It stands for accessary. I not just use a test light it is a lot easier then pulling fuses and having to reset everything.[addsig]

Found it! I narrowed it down (before previous post!) to two...both of which had the abbreviation ACC on it. One of which didn't have a fuse, which, for you math wizards out there, left only one option. Sure enough that sucker was burnt through and connection broken. Thanks for all your replies!!! (Now I can charge my cell phone and/or light my smokes!) :cool: [addsig]

why did it blow? thats the question you want an answer to. if it blows again i would suggest running an optional cell phone charger adapter . i have this problem a lot at the shop.[addsig]

Back